Search This Blog

Thursday 20 January 2011

Dining With My Pet Fish

Guests at Hotel Monaco in San Francisco can have a pet fish, at no extra charge, to keep them company in their room. Alone on the road again, with no dinner plans beyond room service, made this offer very appealing. So I ended up dining with my one-night pet fish (who I named Laura). Food descriptions below, based on the menu, sound more fancy than they tasted, but at least I had Laura to keep me company (and I were glad my cat stayed home).


Salade de Chevre et Fruits

Organic greens with goat cheese, pears, grapes, rum soaked golden raisins and honey vinaigrette.





Wood Oven Mac and Cheese

Macaroni baked (I guess in a wood oven) with bechamel sauce and white cheddar cheese. Best way to describe it is rubbery. 

No comments: