Search This Blog

Monday 31 January 2011

Paella Night

I have featured this book last year (see Iraqi Date Squares). It boasts (and delivers) over 365 recipes from 64 countries. I have had it for close to 30 years and use it regularly. 

One of my few favourite recipes from it is one for Paella. It is a no fuss, quick, simple and adjustable-to-taste recipe that always turns out good. 

The first choice is what meats to include. Tonight I opted for chicken, sausages and shrimp. The recipe calls for tomatoes, but I decided to skip that and replace it with green and red peppers.


I went slow on the saffron, skipped the wine in the broth, ensured having enough garlic and onions, and ignored the peas.

The outcome was a very fresh tasting Paella.
Did you know that the word Paella comes from the Old French and Latin for pan? Read more at Wikipedia - Paella.


No comments: