Search This Blog

Sunday 24 April 2011

Happy Easter


Easter dinner a la Martha Stewart including:

- Glazed ham with apricot and mustard sauce
- Leak and potato Galette
- Asparagus, radishes and peas with herbs

(see full recipes at www.marthastewart.com)

But first appetizers a la somerville kitchen. I needed to do something with all those boiled eggs and the devil came to the rescue.

A bit of mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper and there you have it, sprinkle every other one with paprika and you have a festive appetizer that was gone in no time.



Then came the ham production. I was not sure about the apricot jam, so I cut that ingredient amount to a quarter of what Martha suggested. This helped the glaze be more subtle on the sweetness and ensured the ham taste to come out naturally.


My hopes for the Galette to succeed were minimal, but following the recipe carefully brought out an elegantly tasty and looking Galette.

Martha would have been proud of me.


The vegetable dish was the most colourful but least special on the taste.

I think I would cut the amount of radishes in half next time, and maybe throw them in the heated butter along with the rest of the vegetables - something amiss about the combination of textures of this dish.



With such a dinner to produce, who has time to make dessert. Default were my favourite Easter treats from:

Notte's Bon Ton Pastry & Confectionary
3150 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC
604-681-3058



Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: