Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Working on the Beach

As part of my job today, I "had" to attend a campaign launch at English Bay beach. 

Conveniently, the event was taking place mid-day, so eating along the way was in order.

An Iranian (Mediterranean Grill), Iraqi (Babylon Cafe) and Lebanese (Falafel and Friends) restaurants lined up Denman Street on way to the beach.

Despite bias to Lebanese, I could not trust a place called Falafel and Friends. I knew Babylon Cafe from another location and think they have the best lamb shawarma in the city, so in we went.

By then, the temperature was 25 degrees including the Humidex factor so it was ideal to hang out on the sand and enjoy a humongous platter of shawarma; with pita, humus, potatoes, salad and pickles. Yum!

Did the networking, met the people I needed to meet, checked out the promotional activities and it was time to walk back to the office.

But a sign promoting Dairy Queen's Blizzard of the Month stalked me - Brownie Batter. How can one resist. I think I burnt enough calories walking back to the office and working the rest of the day.


No comments: