Search This Blog

Thursday 24 November 2011

The Chicken That Almost Ran Away

I buy all my meat these days from Windsor Quality Meats at 4110 Main Street in Vancouver. 

But this chicken almost ran away last week. I went into Windsor Quality Meats, bought a lot of stuff and carried my bags and left.

A block away, I hear someone saying "excuse me" - it was the butcher. I left the chicken and he ran looking for me and found me. Now that is what I call service.

So this special chicken that almost ran away needed to be treated to a special dinner.

This dinner included roasting the chicken in my clay pot, and serving it with mashed potatoes, coleslaw, stuffing and my famous popovers (regular followers are probably bored of my popovers stories).


The low-in-sodium Kraft Stove Top stuffing was amazing (I never tried this brand before). I fried some finely chopped and diced onions, green peppers and carrots which added amazing taste and texture to the stuffing.

While the stuffing took five minutes, the chicken that almost ran away took 2 hours to roast. 


Isn't it a perfection?


Elegant platters were designed. Everything tasted really good and nicely cooked.

But the most fun was popover games - what combinations on this plate will work best as popover stuffing? Definitely not the mashed potatoes it seems, but all else is fair game.

Try it out and enjoy.


Happy Thanksgiving My American Followers


No comments: