Search This Blog

Sunday 27 November 2011

Sweet Sunday with Shaktea

Cats and I had our minds set to spend a leisurely morning in front of the fire today.

Off to the shed for wood we go. As typical of cats, mine marked his favourite chunks and we were set to start our day.

It was a perfect Mma Ramotswe moment (of the No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series) - she makes her Rooibos tea, cuts a piece of cake and enjoyes the moment.

So I pulled out my favourite Shaktea Rooibos - the Organic Cinnamon Swirl Rooibos - my Mma Ramotswe tea pot and mug, and a beautiful Anita Apple Cake (even though she calls it a loaf).

This cake was exceptional; sweet, moist, big chunks of apples. Like Mma Ramotswe, I helped myself to another piece as I read my Little Lulu (on Volume 4 now).


In the afternoon, a dear friend spontaneously invites me out for tea and off to Shaktea we go.

Many new teas to try and the choice was the new Ginger Pear Honeybush (click the name and read the ingredients).

To keep to an apple theme, the amazing blend of tea flavours matched well this deliciously freshly baked apple crumble.

Perfect crust, ideal sweetness, elegant platter design and high quality ice cream.
Back home, lounging around the fire after dinner and there, staring at me, is a gift of home-made apple strudel from an authentic Czechoslovakian recipe. 

This was enjoyed thoroughly with a perfect end of night Shaktea selection - Luna's Organic Karmic Peace tea.

Feeling very Karmicly peaceful now - good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sweet dreams. I'd feel perfectly at peace after indulging myself in all that as well.

┼ God bless.