Search This Blog

Sunday 25 March 2012

My Sunday Ritual

My Sunday ritual begins with a 35-minute stroll along Fraser Street. Those of you who don't think Fraser is cool enough, check out this site.


I turn left on 51st and there is the most charming Church in the city - St. Raphael Old Catholic Church established in 1921 (Read more at Oldcahotlicbc.com).


An hour later, after the most beautiful mass and lots of talk about tolerance and love, I stroll back to Al-Watan Tandoori (6084 Fraser Street - Read more at Weekend Lunch Pakistani Style).


I am welcomed like an old friend. I don't even have to order any more - within five minutes a fresh platter of Chicken Biryani and a glass of Mango Lassi show up at my table. I just hang out, eat, and read for an hour or so.


In fact, I usually get so involved in my book and the delicious Biryani that a platter for four is cleaned up by one. 


Now I am ready to go back home to grumpy cats waiting to join me in my Sunday afternoon nap.

 

2 comments:

Janice said...

m....love this photograph of the shadowy pink corridor. it's delicious!

Janice said...

m, i love this photograph of this shadowy pink corridor. it's delicious!