Search This Blog

Friday 30 November 2012

528

With a busy week, I am yet to return Madhur Jaffrey's book back to the shelf after cooking Stew of Goodness on Tuesday.

So I ask my guest for a number between 1 and 700. "528". This lead to a healthy light recipe on page 528 of the book - Gobi-Vala Khichri Unda.

So simple (a blessed number that 528 is). Fry 0.5 tsp cumin seeds in 2 Tbsp olive oil. Add a cauliflower cut into florets.

Fry that for 2 minutes or so, add 2 chopped scallions, continue frying for a minute or so. 


Then add 1 green chilli cut and 0.5 tsp chopped fresh ginger. 

Now quickly add 5 eggs, lightly beaten, along with some fresh oregano and parsley from jardin.

Cook around (I pretended I am making scrambled eggs) until eggs are cooked.

It turned out delicious and healthy, maybe you should try it for breakfast.

The dish was spiced up with gifts from my dear lovely neighbour - a home made chutney, some fried rice dumplings (Phool Wadi Jalebi), Indian pickles.

Some Fraser Street Samosas, green salad and a full fancy meal was served from three lucky numbers - 528.

So glad of my number choice.

No comments: