Search This Blog

Tuesday 29 January 2013

A Celebration

My dear lovely neighbour had a reason to celebrate.

I had a long busy day and needed a nice break.

The invite to yet another delicious Rasas dinner was exactly what was needed.

Tonight's dinner was inventive, 100% vegetarian, more than delicious and the Tinhorn Merlot went extremely well with it.

The snow peas shoots were bitter and hot, with sunflower seeds thrown in to add a nice texture crunch that took me by surprise.


The sourness of the yogurt was sweetened by ketchup and spiced up with dill seeds for a beautifully coloured and thoroughly enjoyed kidney beans curry.


But my favourite was a mashed yam dish, well salted and spiced South Indian style with curry leaves.  Oh I loved this dish.


Another wonderful creation, thank you my dear lovely neighbour.


But neither a celebration nor a Rasas meal is complete without some sweetness.

No comments: