Search This Blog

Saturday 31 August 2013

Golden

Despite it being golden and walking distance from somerville kitchen, I only discovered this place last month for dim sum.


In fact, I have been to Golden Harvest Seafood Restaurant twice for dim sum; twice it was excellent and twice I forgot my camera to blog it.

So tonight, too tired to cook, I opted to try it for dinner with my camera.

The difference in the experience between night time dinner and day time dim sum is like night and day.

During the day, the place is buzzing, the service is abrupt and the food is amazing.

At night, the place is calm, the service is exceptional but the food is just alright.

One thing though about the dinners at Golden Harvest is the beautiful presentation of the food.

The hot and sour soup was way more colourful than any other I ever tried.

While tasted good, it was on the bland side.

And just look at how beautiful the beef chow mein is presented - you don't want to mix it up.

The broccoli was incredibly tasty (is it cooked in broth I wonder?). 

The noodles crunchy, but again a bit on the bland side.

The lemon chicken looked so yellow I felt  transported inside a comics book to eat Chinese food.

Yellow, gooey, and artificially tasting, it tasted like it was made in a comics book kitchen.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good restaurant and I am going back (for dim sum).


Golden Harvest Seafood Restaurant
4818 Main Street
Vancouver, BC
604-321-4448

Golden Harvest Seafood Restaurant 金稻海鮮酒家 on Urbanspoon
 

No comments: