Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 December 2013

My Christmas Dinner

On Christmas day, I was hit with a strong flu.

My body could not leave the sofa. My voice was no where to be found. All Christmas festivities were cancelled. I was weak, sleepy and .... hungry.

My dear lovely neighbour felt my pain and showed up with South Indian Penicillin - a chicken soup packed with every spice that kills a cold.

Garlic, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, chilli - all in there combined with the goodness of vegetables and chicken. 

This was my Christmas dinner.

Dessert was an overdoes of vitamin C in the form of those mini mandarins.

Sweet, no seeds, easy to peel and smelled great; the box was gone by the end of Christmas day.

As an analgesic, I resorted to Shaktea's ginger and lemon tea.

Add fresh ginger, honey and cinnamon and it becomes an extra strength analgesic.

A bit of Christmas cookies were sneaked in to make it feel like Christmas.

As a sponsor of healthy lifestyle
Toast NowTM sent over its local rep with a healthy vitality Toast NowTM sandwich.








Thank you all for making my Christmas day special despite my cold, with particular thanks to my special mug.

No comments: