Search This Blog

Sunday 26 January 2014

A Third & Better Attempt at Ghormeh Sabzi

This is my third attempt at Ghormeh Sabzi and I think I am getting closer (Read My Attempt at Ghormeh Sabzi and A Second Attempt).

Research on blogs, with Iranian friends and Iranian stores pinpointed few areas where my previous Ghormeh Sabzi failed.

For example, turmeric is a key spicing that I have never added before.

And using frozen uncooked herbs that I cooked myself was another trick to make sure the real flavours come out.

Also learned that you don't want to get the herbs too dark while frying them.

And lastly, do not add the dried lemons from the beginning.

Add them 30 minutes before the stew is ready and make sure you push them under the meat so they don't float.


Yes, this was way closer to the ones my Iranian friends make - it will never taste the same of course, but good enough to satisfy my Ghormeh Sabzi cravings when I get them.

 

No comments: