Search This Blog

Monday 22 September 2014

Cooking With Jamie At Last

It took me decades to buy a Jamie Oliver cookbook.

I was not happy with my choice of Jamie's America but don't know his other books to make a comparison.

Two years after buying the book, I found a recipe to try.

And it was a huge success.

The recipe I tried is Comforting Turkey Stew, but I used chicken instead.

The story behind it is that a woman in the town of Gray made it for Jamie and admitted she used a can of mushroom soup and dumpling mix.

The recipe, of course, did not call for using a can of mushroom soup.

But (hope Jamie does not read this, he will be mortified) I added a can of mushroom soup to the sauce.

However, when it came to the dumplings, I followed his recipe ingredient by ingredient and step by step.

Those were the best dumplings I have ever tasted.


The stew turned out amazing. The dilemma now is should I find another good recipe from the book (any recommendations Jamie?) or make this amazing dish again and again?

 

1 comment:

~T.E.~ said...

sounds so good I found the whole recipe online and will try it soon!